MDA DataQuick

www.dataquick.com
  www.dataquick.com
There are newer employer reviews for MDA DataQuick

Stable, reasonably happy place to work but you may find your career stuck in a rut.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at MDA DataQuick full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bright, interesting people to work with. The atmosphere is casual, and there aren't a lot of strict, annoying controls on the data because most of it is from public records. The culture encourages teamwork. The structure is pretty flat, so senior management people are always accessible to everyone. Nice location, plenty of off-street parking. Not a lot of drama or politics in the office.

Cons

Dead-end career in my case, and I saw the same happen to many others. I was cast in a particular role when I was hired, and not allowed to expand my horizons as much as I was capable of doing. Over a period of five years I reported directly to a series of six different people, none of whom were able to comprehend how much my skills had expanded during my tenure there. None of them ever looked back at my resume to see that I had broader experience under my belt that could have been applied at DataQuick. Frustrated with three years of no pay raise in spite of positive performance reviews, I ended up seeking and quickly finding another job at significantly higher pay. Nepotism is a problem. There is an obvious clique of privileged people who seem to always get raises and bonuses while others who aren't part of that group are given nothing, no matter how well they are performing.

Allow all talented people, not just connected ones, to grow and expand their responsibilities.

8 Other Employee Reviews for MDA DataQuick (View Most Recent)

S/w Devlopmnent

Former Employee - Senior Developer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in San Diego, CA

I worked at MDA DataQuick

Pros

Flexible hours and Nice Location

Cons

No cafeteria on site . No Growth Potential !! You ll be stuck in the same position for years.Largely disfunctional; not innovative (as other reviews state). Generally low employee morale.

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MDA DataQuick

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Can be better and improved

Continuous improvement