MDRC

www.mdrc.org
There are newer employer reviews for MDRC

Good environment, good people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MDRC part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of smart people and interesting work

Cons

Not enough communication between policy areas

Alternate the food at the meetings!

11 Other Employee Reviews for MDRC (View Most Recent)

Depends which area you are in

I have been working at MDRC

Pros

Almost everyone is friendly and enjoys what they do, being able to participate in many social issues. Senior Management is really committed to the work and it trickles down to the Assistants. Often times there will be leftover food from big meetings, free food is always a plus! benefits are amazing.

Cons

Some Senior level management think that their time is more important than others. HR process is not definitive. The interview process for Assistant positions could be much longer than Analyst (one level up) positions. Need to change the interview process but I feel HR and Senior level does not want to.

Should probably fix the behind-the-scenes problems, lack of understanding across all departments.

Great people, overly bureaucratic

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at MDRC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work with smart, dedicated, and passionate people. We were trying to solve serious social policy problems through research. I would happily have a beer with almost everyone I worked with while there.

Cons

Sometimes it felt like the research got in the way. MDRC is a research firm first and foremost, but this often meant only studying really small solutions to big problems. It often felt like putting a bandaid on a 3rd degree burn victim.

Also, there were way too many meetings. We had meetings to talk about other meetings. I felt like I was constantly running in place.

Create a culture based on performance. Too many bad people were being promoted. Also, create a flatter organization. For a company of only 200+ employees, there were about 15 levels of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for MDRC