MDRC

www.mdrc.org
  www.mdrc.org
There are newer employer reviews for MDRC

Well-intentioned company - lovely employees but uneven distribution of opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MDRC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really great people, an explicit support of work-life balance, good benefits. This is a solid company that is growing and not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cons

There is an uneven distribution of opportunities for growth - especially for generalist research assistants. Like many companies, the power structure is top-heavy with a lot of white men sitting there.

Diversify those in power. Consider a less hierarchical power structure.

10 Other Employee Reviews for MDRC (View Most Recent)

Research Associate

I have been working at MDRC

Pros

Interesting work, good benefits, and great people. The people I work with are smart and dedicated employees. There are very few duds!

Also, work environment is flexible and supervisors are generally supportive.

Cons

Work/life balance can be non-existent. Hours can be long and teams are under staffed. I see lots of over-worked staff and get emails well after midnight and in the early mornings.

MDRC is a thoughtful organization with great goals and great people. Many of us know we can work elsewhere and can get paid more, but stay for the mission. We are understaffed, underpaid, and I see several people around me approaching burn out. Please hire more staff, adjust the scope of project work, and/or give higher raises! We work hard, are dedicated, and produce great work. Please compensate accordingly.

Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Compliance Auditor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Compliance Auditor in New York, NY

I worked at MDRC as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Smart, academically oriented staff. Management always provided training sessions for staff, update meetings, and work discussions.

Cons

The company is so well organized that it is difficult to find areas to criticize. The company has been making very good progress in implementing cutting edge project management practices.

Keep up the good work