There are newer employer reviews for MECA Omaha

It was something different everyday

I worked at MECA Omaha

Pros

Challenging
Great Staff
Flexible hours
Something different everyday

Cons

no advancement opportunities.
not much of a work/life balance

QCO was a great place to work and I'm proud to have it on my resume. Wish that there was more chances to move up.

10 Other Employee Reviews for MECA Omaha (View Most Recent)

You love to hate it.

I worked at MECA Omaha

Pros

You become a family with your coworkers and are given a lot of responsibility right out of the gate. The experience is invaluable.

Cons

Work life balance is not valued and unless you are in a management position, it is nearly impossible to have a family, creating a lot of turnover. Specifically in this position.

I loved my job and was very sad to leave. I wish it had been more family friendly or that there was a any chance for advancement.

Don't go for the concerts.

Former Employee - Usher in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Usher in Omaha, NE

I worked at MECA Omaha

Pros

Working as an usher was fun, and I got to see a lot of events. It was very cool to see the "behind the scenes" aspect of a big event center. Scheduling was done monthly and you filled out next month's calendar regarding your availability. You could offer to work as much or as little as you wanted. Discount meals were offered. Uniforms and parking were free. This job entailed the Qwest Center and Omaha Civic. You would be scheduled for either. I only called in once but it was no problem. Good camaradie among event staff, if not management.

Cons

I wanted to work there for the concerts, they turned out to be the worst events. Nothing fun about dealing with 10,000 drunk fans. Pay was low, $7.50/hr in 2007. The free parking was about three blocks in distance from the employee entrance. You could ONLY use the employee entrance. Even in the winter. The support from "crowd control/security " was nothing. there was no backup in three instances I had problems with guests. .We also took a lot of heat from guests over Ticketmaster and their policies. No consistent policy on what guest could or could not do. IE: Some shows photos OK, some not. The event staff took the brunt of ire from guests and received little support from management.

give a little more support to the event staff.

There are newer employer reviews for MECA Omaha