There are newer employer reviews for MEDNAX

Great company that lets you focus on taking care of patients while it takes care of business.

Current Employee - Neonatologist
Current Employee - Neonatologist

I have been working at MEDNAX

Pros

Excellent management staff with good structure in place for local oversight with specific point people for connection with corporate office. Great benefits. Clinical Data Warehouse to evaluate your practice's data and performance and compare it with other sites. Good proprietary EMR application that feeds into the Clinical Data Warehouse. Company-wide initiatives in Continuous Quality Improvement complete with toolkits, benchmarks, resources, and an online data tracking capability. Very helpful online forums for communication with peers on medical issues. Individual physician contracts are regularly reviewed and updated with salary increases.

Cons

Sometimes finding the right person in the Corporate Office to solve or address your local problem is challenging. Sometimes it seems like the company is growing so fast that not everything (computer applications!) works perfectly. Sometimes several different people in corporate ask you to do the same task without knowing that the others have asked, i.e., coordination can be lacking.

Maintain and live up to the company mission of "Take Great Care of the Patient." Keep the focus on quality of care and never let it slip in order to improve a bottom line financially. Maintain your connectedness to each practice and to each physician and don't start seeing the MDs as cogs in a big money-making machine.

48 Other Employee Reviews for MEDNAX (View Most Recent)

For the most part, very pleasant.

I have been working at MEDNAX

Pros

The best reasons to work at Pediatrix Medical is the fact that I get to see all of the different babies all the time and I enjoy making the parents happy when they hear their new baby has passed the test.

Cons

One downside for working at Pediatrix Medical is that my fellow employee is not always corroperative when it comes to working a flexible schedule.

One thing of advice would be that if an employee is continually rude to you and their ellow employees do not jut put up with it, take care of it the right way.

I am happy with being a Pediatrix employee

Current Employee - NNP
    Current Employee - NNP

I have been working at MEDNAX

Pros

Went to Neo Conference and it did not cost a cent

Cons

Takes along time to get people hired.

There are newer employer reviews for MEDNAX