MEDecision
www.medecision.com Wayne, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Wide and worsening chasm between senior management and everyone else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Wayne, PA

I worked at MEDecision full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company's buildings provide adequate shelter from bad weather and are climate-controlled

ConsLayoffs becoming a huge part of the culture, enormous disconnect between senior management and the 'worker bees', morale plummeting

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscontinuing the practice of demoralizing people would be a good idea. Implementing performance reviews where a large segment of the company is ranked as "substandard" simply because it meets some sort of arbitrary metric accomplishes nothing other than to make people want to leave. The recent mass layoff ended up taking care of that on its own. Outside of anyone at the VP level, no one has been given any incentive to remain at the company and there have been quite a few departures even among those who weren't laid off. All the while, the messages from the top are of the "moving in a new direction" nature. Easy to chuckle at that after more than 125 layoffs in the last two years from a company that only numbered about 300 before that.

MEDecision had a solid reputation for over 20 years as a fun place to work with a lot of terrific people. The last two years have basically eradicated that completely and now people are all but dying to leave.

Its been real

Developer (Current Employee)
Wayne, NJ

I have been working at MEDecision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people to work with and lots of flex within… Cons: All I can say is Medecision inherited a WEAK CEO!( Deb Gage) She has hired many VPs or better yet , "Yes People". The… Advice to Senior Management: Look for another gig before the ship sinks. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good employer

I have been working at MEDecision full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work life balance is good. Pay is competitive. Cons: The company is not doing well. A third of the company was laid off recently. There does not seem to be a go-forward plan. There… Advice to Senior Management: Learn about the software industry so you can make better decisions. Try to connect with employees so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MEDecision.

Worked for MEDecision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MEDecision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MEDecision CEO Deborah M. Gage. All reviews posted anonymously by MEDecision employees.