MEEMIC
www.meemic.com Auburn Hills, MI 50 to 149 Employees

MEEMIC Insurance has been gutted/stripped of its identity through GMAC Ins.

Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Auburn Hills, MI

ProsThe people themselves that are orginal MEEMIC employees.

ConsMEEMIC is owned by GMAC Insurance and as a result we have been gutted and lost our personality to our insureds and handling of losses.

Advice to Senior ManagementMEEMIC is a niche company tailoring to educators and there staffs. As a result they expect to be treated better then the average company. This is both in how situations or claims are handled as far as losses paid and and giving the benefit of doubt in gray areas. Claims are now handled with a metrix base without much deveation. There is also too much management overseeing too few employees. Management is concerning themselves only, and not looking at what has made MEEMIC Insurance a sucessful company. They have too many hired outside companies forming surveying and making decisions for Management. Marketing and prices are not up to par. Pricing of the product use to be fair and usually at a bargin rate, as result MEEMIC had loyal customers, even though they were known for there weighty underwritting requirements. As result, MEEMIC is not a profitable company and there agents are selling insurance to what use to be our customers to other carriers.

Hard to earn a living as a Meemic agent

Meemic Agent/Agency Owner (Current Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at MEEMIC

Pros: Helping clients and offering a unique product to other colleagues… Cons: No benefits Long hours Lots of overhead expenses Minimal profits Low commission Agents do all transactions Agents… Advice to Senior Management: The excecutives at Meemic are all about money. That is the bottom line. There are few very perks now to be a Meemic… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MEEMIC.

Worked for MEEMIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MEEMIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MEEMIC CEO Steven D. Monahan. All reviews posted anonymously by MEEMIC employees.