There are newer employer reviews for MEEMIC

MEEMIC Insurance has been gutted/stripped of its identity through GMAC Ins.

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster  in  Auburn Hills, MI
Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at MEEMIC

Pros

The people themselves that are orginal MEEMIC employees.

Cons

MEEMIC is owned by GMAC Insurance and as a result we have been gutted and lost our personality to our insureds and handling of losses.

MEEMIC is a niche company tailoring to educators and there staffs. As a result they expect to be treated better then the average company. This is both in how situations or claims are handled as far as losses paid and and giving the benefit of doubt in gray areas. Claims are now handled with a metrix base without much deveation. There is also too much management overseeing too few employees. Management is concerning themselves only, and not looking at what has made MEEMIC Insurance a sucessful company. They have too many hired outside companies forming surveying and making decisions for Management. Marketing and prices are not up to par. Pricing of the product use to be fair and usually at a bargin rate, as result MEEMIC had loyal customers, even though they were known for there weighty underwritting requirements. As result, MEEMIC is not a profitable company and there agents are selling insurance to what use to be our customers to other carriers.

3 Other Employee Reviews for MEEMIC (View Most Recent)

Great benefits but too much gossip and drama.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at MEEMIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pros of working at Meemic are the healthcare benefits.

Cons

There are no secrets at Meemic. The office drama and gossip is off the charts. Even Human Resources would tell managers stuff and then it would spread like wildfire.

My advice to management would be to send all employees and managers to a business ethics class at least twice a year.

Hard to earn a living as a Meemic agent

Current Employee - Meemic Agent/Agency Owner  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Meemic Agent/Agency Owner in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at MEEMIC

Pros

Helping clients and offering a unique product to other colleagues at an affordable price
    Claims department typically gives excellent service

Cons

No benefits
    Long hours
    Lots of overhead expenses
    Minimal profits
    Low commission
    Agents do all transactions
    Agents print all documents
    Difficult to get marketing assistance
    Underwriting can be very challenging

The excecutives at Meemic are all about money. That is the bottom line. There are few very perks now to be a Meemic agent. They used to treat agents very well until a few years ago. We were offered lots of trips, but now trips and incentives are very limited. It was more like a family, but is now just a business and you just hope you have some profit for yourself at the end of the year after paying all expenses that are always increasing.

There are newer employer reviews for MEEMIC

Worked for MEEMIC? Contribute to the Community!