Should have had a bed available, because I practically lived there.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at MEGA Brands

Pros

GREAT people!! Wow... can't tell you what a group of talented people that are there. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed. This is truely their only asset...

Cons

There are not enough people working there - as a manager, I had so many things to do that things were getting done half-a**ed. I hate working and not making something great... just good enough.

I would have loved to do a much better job, but since I was working about 60 hours a week (on a good week), I just couldn't.

When the company was in NJ, there were 300 people, not there are about 50 - and a great work load.

DONT EVER SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY TO PURCHASE THINGS!! Just an FYI from experience, I was asked to purchase things, but because we are so overworked, I didn't submit the expense for as soon as they would have hoped... and because of it, I was out over 1k! Others never spent thier own money - and if you apply to this company, make this your rule too! Put yourself first. always because you will be taken advantage of.

HIRE MORE PEOPLE! You can't expect to lay off 300 people and hire 50 to replace them.

Other Reviews for MEGA Brands

No reward for hard workers

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at MEGA Brands full-time

Pros

Many people are nice and outgoing, the atmosphere is good despite low salary
    You can surround yourself with talented people (look hard and be perseverant)

Cons

Working hard and long hours doesn't get you recognized, you may be verbally rewarded but low chance of promotion
    Some managers abuse their position and talk down to people
    Too many managers that have been with the company for a decade
    No strategy, stuck in production
    People spend too much time on social media and watching lame videos online and argue they "don't have time" to attend important projects

Take care of your workforce, appreciate your staff. Be humble.

Ok for young people

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at MEGA Brands

Pros

Fun atmosphere, toys, a lot to learn when you are fresh

Cons

People promoted based on personal relationships. Hard work is not rewarded at all.

Invest in your people

There are newer employer reviews for MEGA Brands.

Worked for MEGA Brands? Contribute to the Community!