MEMC Electronic Materials

Great Place If You Are An Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at MEMC Electronic Materials

Pros

Growing company - if the stock analysts would wake up and realize that:
1) We make wafers that "chip" companies buy -- we are not a "chip" company.
2) We are not a semiconductor equipment company.
3) We are the only completely vertically integrated solar company there is - from making poly to selling solar power.

Cons

Executives are highly compensated, and get good contracts to pay them well if they get fired. Unfortunately, only Execs get the high salaries and perks, and the only way to become a VP or higher is to get hired in from current execs' companies, or to be lucky enough to be in the Execs' little circle of friends. For the rest of the Managers, Directors, and Senior Directors (new title made up to avoid letting you be a VP), you work tons of hours, have to fly coach all the time, and get small, shrinking bonuses based on impossible goals.

Recognize and reward the middle management. We do most of the work, and you get all of the benefits.

Find the real root causes of errors and fix or eliminate the problem. There are too many scapegoats used to protect certain execs.

Remember that Manufacturing makes the bad products. Blame them for once!

30 Other Employee Reviews for MEMC Electronic Materials (View Most Recent)

OK company, have worked for worse.

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Saint Peters, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at MEMC Electronic Materials

Pros

Strong technical foundation and industry leader. Appears to be forward thinking again instead of playing for margins on the quarterly figures as old CEO did. Attempting to reestablish itself as the dominant semiconductor supplier again. Appears to have good strategy but execution is still not proven yet.

Cons

Company is in transition of senior management from two years earlier and is attempting to develop a new company culture but communication is poor in these efforts. Company attempts to infor it's employee's with news letters which is poor medium.

Keep your professional employee's informed. Little on company strategy and role in execution is revealed beloe the diector level.

MEMC is a place to make money get some valuable experience and move on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at MEMC Electronic Materials

Pros

Overall the pay is pretty high, For salary people the overall work experience is satisfactory. It's pretty hard to get fired.

Cons

I would not work here as an hourly person. Sick days the first 2 are at no pay. The Pasadena site has a scary process.

Management knows they have a moral problem the turnover is pretty high especially for skilled craft. I really think management is trying to make MEMC a better place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for MEMC Electronic Materials