MEMC Electronic Materials

www.sunedisonsilicon.com

Behind the curve all the way

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Peters, MO

ProsGreat folks to work with. Nice and quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of the mainstream St. Louis work areas. Great pay if your a senior level executive.

ConsIT has great people but no leadership. They have a great leader but they give him no power. Everyone can walk all over literally anyone in IT as they are treated like dirt. They don't spend a dime on IT. Projects are on and off again like changing your shoes. Same applies to IT budget/IT spend. Over a year to make a SharePoint decision. SAP decisions are a joke and not worth mentioning from the standpoint of executive leadership not having a clue and a half. Their SAP support people consist of six or seven people and literally support the world! They get no support, no thanks, are treated worst than, well, need I go further?

Advice to Senior ManagementThe MEMC CEO has got to go. He is completely missing the boat when it comes to IT. He won't be able to compete because he doesn't have a clue about the strategic or tactical nature that IT plays in moving the company forward. Stop cutting costs on IT. The new CFO also has no clue either. They're going to have to spend the money eventually. May as well do it right. The IT group needs to be elevated up in the food chain. Way up! Its a very poorly run company.

Terrible, absolutely aweful. What a bad, bad place to work.

I have been working at MEMC Electronic Materials

Pros: Competitive pay and a non-downtown Location Cons: Everything is bad. There is a non-existent work-life balance. Terrible office conditions. Moral is horrific. Complete lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Change the culture and appreciate your employees by promoting a positive… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place If You Are An Executive

I have been working at MEMC Electronic Materials

Pros: Growing company - if the stock analysts would wake up and realize that: 1) We make wafers that "chip" companies buy -- we are not a… Cons: Executives are highly compensated, and get good contracts to pay them well if they get fired. Unfortunately, only Execs get the high salaries and… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize and reward the middle management. We do most of the work, and you get all of the benefits. Find the real root causes of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MEMC Electronic Materials.

Worked for MEMC Electronic Materials? Contribute to the Community!