Lively, Fast Paced, & Productive

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager, and Art Director in Fairport, NY
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager, and Art Director in Fairport, NY

I have been working at MG Lomb Advertising full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at MG Lomb for nearly 7 years, and I love my job there. Great culture, hard working and fast paced atmosphere --- not for the lazy!

I’m the Senior Project Manager, and Art Director. I was shocked to read the “unrewarding and Abasing” comment, left by a former employee. It is far from accurate. We’d made the decision to add to our web staffing (about a month prior to this comment) to support this employee who was here part-time. She quit while we were interviewing for her support and couldn't resist bashing us.

As a growing organization we are constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for its employees to grow and keep their skills current. We have often sent employees to training programs. Co-Workers are friendly and management is always accessible during and after work hours. MG Lomb is a young energetic atmosphere (most of our talented staff are under 30), prefect balance of work and fun (happy hours and lunches).

Cons

not for the lazy or the weak!

Advice to Management

When is the next happy hour?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unrewarding and Abasing

Former Contractor - Web Developer in Fairport, NY
    Former Contractor - Web Developer in Fairport, NY

I worked at MG Lomb Advertising as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse clientele with three Starbucks within 3 miles! There is innate talent at MG Lomb, and real potential to grow.

Cons

This is not a web development agency. Expecting process and educated leadership, I was completely disappointed. There was a clear disconnect between "Management" and "Production" which created many episodes of confusion and tension. Unfortunately, when direction was interpreted by an ignorant middleman (i.e. "Management" between the customer and "Production"), there was chaos. This chaos led to missed deadlines and surpassing budgets, but most importantly despondent "Production" members.

As a professional, I pride myself on dependability and reverence. That is something I expect from other professionals. Again, I was disappointed by my colleagues at MG Lomb. Even having been disappointed, I was reasonable and respectful, and as a full-time student still very devoted to my work at MG Lomb. I was not met with the same professionalism.

Advice to Management

Please consider being more open minded and professional. More forethought and less greediness would certain be to your benefit. Also, it is very easy to pick up on negativity, as well as the rapidly changing mood of the office. This in turn affects the mood of production members responsible for the vast majority of tangible output.