There are newer employer reviews for MG Lomb Advertising

Lively, Fast Paced, & Productive

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager, and Art Director  in  Fairport, NY
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager, and Art Director in Fairport, NY

I have been working at MG Lomb Advertising full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at MG Lomb for nearly 7 years, and I love my job there. Great culture, hard working and fast paced atmosphere --- not for the lazy!

I’m the Senior Project Manager, and Art Director. I was shocked to read the “unrewarding and Abasing” comment, left by a former employee. It is far from accurate. We’d made the decision to add to our web staffing (about a month prior to this comment) to support this employee who was here part-time. She quit while we were interviewing for her support and couldn't resist bashing us.

As a growing organization we are constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for its employees to grow and keep their skills current. We have often sent employees to training programs. Co-Workers are friendly and management is always accessible during and after work hours. MG Lomb is a young energetic atmosphere (most of our talented staff are under 30), prefect balance of work and fun (happy hours and lunches).

Cons

not for the lazy or the weak!

When is the next happy hour?

3 Other Employee Reviews for MG Lomb Advertising (View Most Recent)

Unrewarding and Abasing

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Fairport, NY
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Fairport, NY

I worked at MG Lomb Advertising as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Diverse clientele with three Starbucks within 3 miles! There is innate talent at MG Lomb, and real potential to grow.

Cons

This is not a web development agency. Expecting process and educated leadership, I was completely disappointed. There was a clear disconnect between "Management" and "Production" which created many episodes of confusion and tension. Unfortunately, when direction was interpreted by an ignorant middleman (i.e. "Management" between the customer and "Production"), there was chaos. This chaos led to missed deadlines and surpassing budgets, but most importantly despondent "Production" members.

As a professional, I pride myself on dependability and reverence. That is something I expect from other professionals. Again, I was disappointed by my colleagues at MG Lomb. Even having been disappointed, I was reasonable and respectful, and as a full-time student still very devoted to my work at MG Lomb. I was not met with the same professionalism.

Please consider being more open minded and professional. More forethought and less greediness would certain be to your benefit. Also, it is very easy to pick up on negativity, as well as the rapidly changing mood of the office. This in turn affects the mood of production members responsible for the vast majority of tangible output.

If you like great opportunities and an awesome client base, this place is for you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at MG Lomb Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome employee benefits, great pace, great client base. Can't say enough good things! After 6 months, you get the typical vacation time allotment, there is a laid back yet professional work environment.. In all, with their well defined process, creative talent, and long time relationships with many local and international clients, working here is a great opportunity for anyone.

Cons

Creative culture means at times you'll put in longer hours and have to travel. If you want an 8-5 job, 365 days a year, this might not be for you.

Steady on

There are newer employer reviews for MG Lomb Advertising

Worked for MG Lomb Advertising ? Contribute to the Community!