MGA Entertainment

www.mgae.com
There are newer employer reviews for MGA Entertainment

Compensation & benefits not competitive - Management lacks professionalism & experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment

Pros

Experience; casual dress code, short commute

Cons

Location, poor management. Lack of understanding when it comes to creating an environment that is conducive to a healthy work place.

The effects of poor management lead to poor employee performance. Employees don't quit their jobs; they quit their bosses. Good leaders respect their employees and challenge them to be leaders themselves. Many employees will not be meeting the aspirations of their managers due to lack of communication and clear expectations.

45 Other Employee Reviews for MGA Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Only for the Strong

Current Employee - Manager in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment

Pros

It's a great place for self-starters and self-managers. In a way, it's freeing as you can define your job as you need to. Employees as low ranking as managers have access to the highest ranking members of the senior management team and will get ample face-time with the big boys. Similarly the CEO, Isaac Larian, prides himself on knowing the names of everyone at the company, and indeed he does. And if an employee happens to luck out and get a high profile project, it's a guarantee that success will bring recognition and praise from all levels of the company.

Cons

It is not uncommon for managers and directors here to feel as though they are being torn limb from limb by senior management. Not only does senior management appear to have difficulty speaking to employees on a regular and meaningful basis, but they often seem to operate insularly. It isn't uncommon to be told to do something by the CFO only to be reprimanded by the COO and then looked at as though you've lost your mind when you explain the conflict. There's also a general love of drama that extends from the top down which is often accompanied by totally counterproductive derision.

What worked when this was a company of 20 doesn't work anymore.

I Love coming to work at MGA Everyday; Everyday is new

Current Employee - Sales in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at MGA Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility in career adjustments
    Supportive Management
    Goal Oriented Organization
    Good perks and benefits

Cons

Minor inefficiencies leading to redundancy in workload.

When I started with MGA, i was working at a Marketing Associate.
    I have been here about 4 years now and have been fortunate enough to switch positions and into roles such as Intl Marketing Coordinator, Intlo Sales Rep, Intl Bus development Manager and Sales Manager. MGA has been great in ensuring I don't get bored here by keeping things new and giving me new projects to work on.
    As far as politics is concerned, whenever I had a problem with management, I just went to HR. Both the HR personnel in Ohio and in LA talked to my managers in those cases and resolved them to make the issue go away. They really do care about the work conditions so if you are having an issue with someone at the company, your best bet is to go to them; they will help you out; and that includes the CEO.
    Isaac himself sends out numerous emails whenever rumors start circulating, and he is strict. Basically, he doesnt want gossip on his campus.

There are newer employer reviews for MGA Entertainment