MGA Healthcare

www.mgahealthcare.com
  www.mgahealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for MGA Healthcare

This group has great crew!!!

Current Employee - Surgical Technologists in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Surgical Technologists in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Their professionalism is right on, while expediting the per diem positions for the various hospitals in the area. I worked in San Mateo, and in San Francisco.

Cons

There are a lot of operating rooms with the lights out due to the situation with the new law of Obamacare, the census' are down with elective surgery's and people have to come up with significant OOP expense. (that they are not accustom to paying).

7 Other Employee Reviews for MGA Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Not for me

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The owner of the company is a great man. He makes everyone feel like they matter, and thats every day. I'd classify him as genius. Their mentoring system is great, doesn't matter who it is they'll take the time to help coach you. This location is the corporate headquarters and it's a beautiful building with a great view. Being able to go to work everyday with Charles, another GREAT man.

Cons

At work minimum of 10 hours a day, lunch break sometimes, with no overtime. How hard you work or how many people I staffed it doesn't matter. There were 3 guys on my team. An account manager, and two other recruiters. All best friends two living with each other. How hard I worked and how many contracts I filled didn't matter. I staffed contracted electricians and my show up rate was top and I had guys available for every city which are the metrics we're graded by. Didn't matter if I was better because the Account Manger will always chose to use his roommates electrician. Upper management who's in charge of day to day operations didn't get to see who's doing good or any work because they don't look. They listen to the account managers word for it and reasonably so. But in my case his roommate got to play on the computer and look at espn all day for the three months I was there and then I got fired. I lost my job because I wasn't best friends with my co-workers and didn't go out drinking every night or at lunch with them. Truth. Good guys, just no one I'd see out of work. A shame this company doesn't look at the details of the bottom guy. I spent a couple nights going out with the co-founder, Charles, one on one as to show that Its not like I didn't have any friends within.

Look at the details, realize who's doing what. It's a shame that no one looked at the black and white and such a negative untrue picture could have been painted and believed. This was my first time recruiting and I wasn't given a training until my 3rd month, I was fired two days later.

Professional recruiters and clinical staff who are there to really help.

Current Employee - Home Health RN in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Home Health RN in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been with the company a few weeks, but the whole staff is amazing. They made me feel wanted and so worthy. Doing home health is new to me, but the encouragement and training has allowed me to be assured and confident in my abilities.

Cons

Right now, there is now insurance. This is going to change in 2014 so it is only a minor setback. Sometimes it seems the way of turning in paperwork is unique, but again, I believe this will also be improved upon with EMR and computer access for the clinical staff.

Keep up the great work. I am more than happy to be working with such a great team.

There are newer employer reviews for MGA Healthcare