MGIC Investment

Good place to work

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Concord, CA
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Concord, CA

I worked at MGIC Investment

Pros

Great people, team players, fair

Cons

headquarters is in Wisconsin. To far for more opportunites

I have no advice, my manager was excellent.

19 Other Employee Reviews for MGIC Investment (View Most Recent)

hmmmmm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MGIC Investment

Pros

The pay was above average, the benefits are outstanding, and work/life balance was great as pretty much everyone leaves by 5:30.

Cons

Raises were either not enough to keep up with inflation or non-existant. Management is short-sighted (i.e. concerned with the next quarter while ignoring long-term consequences) and communication from management was not entirely complete.

Improve communication to the employees about what is truly going on within the business. If things are bad then be honest with the employees. Don't send out "warm & fuzzy" emails that simply aim to make everyone feel better.

Hold management and middle management accountable for their decisions.

MGIC WAS a good company!!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MGIC Investment

Pros

The pay is great...providing you negotiate heavily coming in. Raises are low so make sure you get the cash upfront. The fitness center is really nice and the location is great. The key is to get on a good team.

Cons

Senior management is a joke. They promote people to management because they are good at their job not because they would make a good manager. A great programmer does NOT equal a great IT manager. I was unable to negotiate for additional vacation time so I went from 25 days down to 10 days. Parking is $7 per day in the public garage. MGIC parking garage has a 16 year waiting list. The guy next in line was on the list since 1992.

If you ask employees to rate their managers, listen to that feedback. If a team has 50% turnover 2 years in a row, maybe it's the manager????

There are newer employer reviews for MGIC Investment