There are newer employer reviews for MGIC Investment

MGIC WAS a good company!!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MGIC Investment

Pros

The pay is great...providing you negotiate heavily coming in. Raises are low so make sure you get the cash upfront. The fitness center is really nice and the location is great. The key is to get on a good team.

Cons

Senior management is a joke. They promote people to management because they are good at their job not because they would make a good manager. A great programmer does NOT equal a great IT manager. I was unable to negotiate for additional vacation time so I went from 25 days down to 10 days. Parking is $7 per day in the public garage. MGIC parking garage has a 16 year waiting list. The guy next in line was on the list since 1992.

Advice to Management

If you ask employees to rate their managers, listen to that feedback. If a team has 50% turnover 2 years in a row, maybe it's the manager????

reviews filtered by
  1. Enjoyed my time for the most part until it was over.

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Consultant
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Consultant

I worked at MGIC Investment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Made good money as a consultant and was given a good amount of freedom initially. Co-workers were nice to work with for the most part.

Cons

Home office management respected home office personnel over the more talented and experienced group that they had in the field. Secretive and somewhat back handed management. Due to the company's steady decline the past few years, management seemed concerned with covering their own territories.

Advice to Management

If the company survives they don't need any advice.

2. Great Place to work.

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MGIC Investment full-time (less than a year)

Pros

We have some of the most experienced people in the business; even though we have good pay and benefits, we have the lowest expenses of our peers.

Cons

Change happens slowly. But people are open to it.

Advice to Management

Focus on personal growth and development. A lot of people are getting close to retirement and the next tier wants to step up to the challenge. We need opportunities to prove ourselves.

There are newer employer reviews for MGIC Investment