MGM
www.mgm.com Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Consider your quality of life before joining MGM

Finance Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MGM

ProsIf you are looking for a way to get into the entertainment industry, MGM is a good place to start. You get exposed to both the television and film side. Before the consolidation and layoffs in 2005, it was a fun, exciting place to work where employees felt connected to the company and product.

ConsSenior management does not communicate well. They make decisions that directly impact the employees and then hold the employees responsible when goals are not met. The imbalance of those who rule versus those doing the work is too great for the company to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees especially the ones who have concrete ideas or suggestions. Be more open to the employee needs. A company can not succeed with leaders who rule with an iron fist.

Wish it could have been a better experience.

Merchadise Licensing Administration Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at MGM

Pros: Unless you get the right position here it's not worth staying around. But this is moot because the company today is nonexistent. Today… Cons: After Turner and Kerkorian divied up the studio it was never to be the company it once was: The biggest movie studio in the… Advice to Senior Management: MGM, the movie studio, barely exist today... The company lives on mainly as a distribution… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

When I worked at MGM's Primm Valley Golf Course in Stateline, Nevada the experience was rewarding.

Golf Course Host (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at MGM full-time for more than a year

Pros: Golf course privileges and sundry amenities. Cons: Cost of the daily commute. Advice to Senior Management: It would help if mileage cost of the commute was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MGM.

Worked for MGM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MGM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MGM CEO Roger Birnbaum. All reviews posted anonymously by MGM employees.