There are newer employer reviews for MGM Studios

MGMs a great place to work

Current Employee - Accounting  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Accounting in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MGM Studios

Pros

great company to work for, people are nice for the most part, its semi low key and dont forget about the name. Everyone knows MGM, although most think its the hotel in vegas, most people still know about the studios

Cons

salary vs hourly. thats a given but i guess it comes with the territory. at my last job i used to be able to do unlimited overtime which would be time and a half so i could control my own payscale..here i'm set weather i work 40 hours or 80 hours, still the same amount of money

be more open to suggestion

25 Other Employee Reviews for MGM Studios (View Most Recent)

There are far worse places to work.

Former Employee - Vice President of Post Production  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Post Production in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MGM Studios

Pros

Like any great company it's the other employees. MGM tends to higher really good people. Also, there's always a good vibe in the halls. Lots of good water cooler conversation.

Cons

I wasn't super proud of the finished product but what studio employee ever is. I believe that other companies make bad films as well, but they usually end up with a great one, every once in a while. I can't remember the last time I was proud of what MGM made but, hey, it's a job.

Make better movies. It's tough to do, but that's what needs to be done.

Consider your quality of life before joining MGM

Former Employee - Finance Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MGM Studios

Pros

If you are looking for a way to get into the entertainment industry, MGM is a good place to start. You get exposed to both the television and film side. Before the consolidation and layoffs in 2005, it was a fun, exciting place to work where employees felt connected to the company and product.

Cons

Senior management does not communicate well. They make decisions that directly impact the employees and then hold the employees responsible when goals are not met. The imbalance of those who rule versus those doing the work is too great for the company to succeed.

Listen to the employees especially the ones who have concrete ideas or suggestions. Be more open to the employee needs. A company can not succeed with leaders who rule with an iron fist.

There are newer employer reviews for MGM Studios

Worked for MGM Studios? Contribute to the Community!