There are newer employer reviews for MHM Services

Laid back

Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

no pressure, no one watching over everything you do, open for suggestions

Cons

Turn over in hourly is unbelievable

Put yourself on the hourley employees level

reviews filtered by

One of the worst professional career experiences of my life....

Current Employee - Clinician in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Clinician in New Haven, CT

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing PTO benefits, working closely with a impressionable at risk population, and getting to build positive relationships with juvenile probation.

Cons

Unprofessional coworkers and enviroment, staff meetings that go 4 hours because the Program Director and/or Clinical Supervisor go off topic about thier personal lives. Gossip by the staff members regarding senior level management, HR office that protects the company rather than its employees.

When you have to out right LIE to a potential employee to take a job and then within weeks deny you never said the lie, that is disturbing. Spent less time telling employees to "stay in thier lane" and spend more time actually being management. I know that might sound hard, but when you collect a paycheck week to week for being a supervisor, that is telling me that you are going to do your job. Well, working at your agency I would say you are stealing because you are not a manager. When a staff member is struggling, you shouldnt speak to them in such a manner that they cry after meeting with you. Also, stop protecting employees just because you are in so tight with them because you have them at your house. You are a program director 1st, not just thier friend. I cannot wait until the next state hiring so I can get out of your office.

2. Overall, a fine place to work, with some flaws that affect performance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at MHM Services

Pros

Fantastic PDO package, much better than other places I have worked. Management attempts to encourage new ideas, and if all else fails, they leave you pretty much alone to get the job done. Fascinating client population, especially for new clinicians. I like that each site is viewed as an entity unto itself, and not compared to other, different sites. Leadership is strong (but see below). If there is an issue with the warden onsite, management WILL assist site managers and staff, and support them. I especially like that the company promotes "a sense of urgency" as one of its guiding principles.

Cons

Working under contract...staff have to sweat it out every 3-5 years...if the contract is not renewed, you are out of a job.
    Very old fashioned when it comes to providing tech on-site (computers, scanners, internet connections, etc...) Some sites have none or just one computer for the entire staff. Regional managers and directors are too stingy with their praise and encouragement. Some training is inconsistent or inadequate, especially in the clinical counseling area (goal writing and treatment plans). Finally, some directives given are unclear, and later countermanded by persons out of the same regional office!

1.) Welcome to the 21st Century...updated computers in adequate numbers at all sites, with reasonably prompt service and assistance. 2.) All site managers should be directly internet connected, with their own email on their own computer.
    3.) Pass out the praise once in a while, in a bigger way. We don't expect a party or raise every time we do well, but some recognition would be nice. 4.) Send out consistent directives, and don't act surprised when one of your peers tells us to do it a different way, we do it, and you are disturbed by that. Be all on the same page, and we will all be a lot happier.

There are newer employer reviews for MHM Services