Laid back

Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

no pressure, no one watching over everything you do, open for suggestions

Cons

Turn over in hourly is unbelievable

Advice to Management

Put yourself on the hourley employees level

Other Employee Reviews for MHM Services

I learned from it but I wouldn't want to do it again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

lots of time off, money designated for training, interesting work with an interesting population of people. They encourage people to develop while promising advancement but see below...

Cons

Facilities are run down, technology is not up to par, mixed messages from regional management and local management, in my experience the site admin relied on the knowledge and expertise of the staff to get her job done and then she blamed us when things weren't going well, you loose the leave time that you don't take if you resign and they don't pay you for it, if you don't work there for a year after using the training money they have set aside for you, they take it out of your last check. Salaries are also not very competitive. There is actually very little opportunity for advancement. Very little recognition of a job well done.

Advice to Management

If you want big changes, make big changes. Stop talking and do something about it. Your folks need to get paid more. The reason you have high turnover is because it's easy to find a better paying job to work in better conditions. You need to make sure local management is competent.

One of the worst professional career experiences of my life....

Current Employee - Clinician in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Clinician in New Haven, CT

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing PTO benefits, working closely with a impressionable at risk population, and getting to build positive relationships with juvenile probation.

Cons

Unprofessional coworkers and enviroment, staff meetings that go 4 hours because the Program Director and/or Clinical Supervisor go off topic about thier personal lives. Gossip by the staff members regarding senior level management, HR office that protects the company rather than its employees.

Advice to Management

When you have to out right LIE to a potential employee to take a job and then within weeks deny you never said the lie, that is disturbing. Spent less time telling employees to "stay in thier lane" and spend more time actually being management. I know that might sound hard, but when you collect a paycheck week to week for being a supervisor, that is telling me that you are going to do your job. Well, working at your agency I would say you are stealing because you are not a manager. When a staff member is struggling, you shouldnt speak to them in such a manner that they cry after meeting with you. Also, stop protecting employees just because you are in so tight with them because you have them at your house. You are a program director 1st, not just thier friend. I cannot wait until the next state hiring so I can get out of your office.