There are newer employer reviews for MHM Services

Unpredictable, Unethical, Unprofesdional, poorly Qualified supervisors (Unlicensed)

Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MHM Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no cons to working for this employer

Cons

Extremely low employee morale, many complaints about direct supervisor (coordinator) as well as with regional office (program manager and above), licensed professionals are supervised by UNLICENSED persons, poor compensation, difficult to use earned leave, you are dispensable and only needed to fill a shift, employees disclose feeling threatened to lose their jobs, clients are not valued and are provided substandard services.

Advice to Management

Advice to COO: clean house and get a team of persons who do not lose focus of the company's so-called mission (if they even have one). For all we know their mission could be to provide the minimum of services with the least of resources. Forget about ethics!!

reviews filtered by

Company with bad reputation of treatment of employees...

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You WILL be hired for the job because they desperately need employees (clinicians/counselors).

Cons

Too many to list. See review summary.

Advice to Management

I was totally unaware of the extremely low employee morale upon hire. My first day there I was confronted with disgruntled employees who were responsible for "training" me. Everyone has issues with the direct supervisor as well as with regional management. Almost every employee there was actively seeking other employment. In the shirt number of months I was there, 5 employees departed. Compensation is extremely poor, considering YOU must be licensed, experienced, knowledgable, and willing to work in an at risk environment. However, YOU will be supervised by unlicensed persons. You earn a generous amount of leave, but will have difficulty when you try to use it. You will be hired for the position because they are always in desperate need of someone to fill a shift for the moment, hour, day, or week. Know that you are dispensable and when you showthat you have a backbone you will be considered unvooperative and targeted. If you attempt to get any issues resolved utilizing regional management, they will inform the other party (direct supervisor) and collectively go against you. Many employees express feeling threatened (to lose their jobs) on a basis. The tension amongst the staff is unbelievable. Neither are you or the clientele are valued. MHM's only concern is meeting the minimum requirements of their contract. Know, they recently LOST their contract for the Delaware corrections facility due to their poor performance. Best of luck.

Laid back

Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

no pressure, no one watching over everything you do, open for suggestions

Cons

Turn over in hourly is unbelievable

Advice to Management

Put yourself on the hourley employees level