MHM Services

www.mhm-services.com
  www.mhm-services.com
There are newer employer reviews for MHM Services

Unpredictable, Unethical, Unprofesdional, poorly Qualified supervisors (Unlicensed)

Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MHM Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are absolutely no cons to working for this employer

Cons

Extremely low employee morale, many complaints about direct supervisor (coordinator) as well as with regional office (program manager and above), licensed professionals are supervised by UNLICENSED persons, poor compensation, difficult to use earned leave, you are dispensable and only needed to fill a shift, employees disclose feeling threatened to lose their jobs, clients are not valued and are provided substandard services.

Advice to COO: clean house and get a team of persons who do not lose focus of the company's so-called mission (if they even have one). For all we know their mission could be to provide the minimum of services with the least of resources. Forget about ethics!!

34 Other Employee Reviews for MHM Services (View Most Recent)

Company with bad reputation of treatment of employees...

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You WILL be hired for the job because they desperately need employees (clinicians/counselors).

Cons

Too many to list. See review summary.

I was totally unaware of the extremely low employee morale upon hire. My first day there I was confronted with disgruntled employees who were responsible for "training" me. Everyone has issues with the direct supervisor as well as with regional management. Almost every employee there was actively seeking other employment. In the shirt number of months I was there, 5 employees departed. Compensation is extremely poor, considering YOU must be licensed, experienced, knowledgable, and willing to work in an at risk environment. However, YOU will be supervised by unlicensed persons. You earn a generous amount of leave, but will have difficulty when you try to use it. You will be hired for the position because they are always in desperate need of someone to fill a shift for the moment, hour, day, or week. Know that you are dispensable and when you showthat you have a backbone you will be considered unvooperative and targeted. If you attempt to get any issues resolved utilizing regional management, they will inform the other party (direct supervisor) and collectively go against you. Many employees express feeling threatened (to lose their jobs) on a basis. The tension amongst the staff is unbelievable. Neither are you or the clientele are valued. MHM's only concern is meeting the minimum requirements of their contract. Know, they recently LOST their contract for the Delaware corrections facility due to their poor performance. Best of luck.

I learned from it but I wouldn't want to do it again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at MHM Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

lots of time off, money designated for training, interesting work with an interesting population of people. They encourage people to develop while promising advancement but see below...

Cons

Facilities are run down, technology is not up to par, mixed messages from regional management and local management, in my experience the site admin relied on the knowledge and expertise of the staff to get her job done and then she blamed us when things weren't going well, you loose the leave time that you don't take if you resign and they don't pay you for it, if you don't work there for a year after using the training money they have set aside for you, they take it out of your last check. Salaries are also not very competitive. There is actually very little opportunity for advancement. Very little recognition of a job well done.

If you want big changes, make big changes. Stop talking and do something about it. Your folks need to get paid more. The reason you have high turnover is because it's easy to find a better paying job to work in better conditions. You need to make sure local management is competent.

There are newer employer reviews for MHM Services