MICROS Systems
www.micros.com Columbia, MD 5000+ Employees

You better love to work!

Implementation Specialist (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

ProsYou have the opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and skills. Huge plus.
The insurance is doable
Most of the employees are friendly and sociable.

ConsThey will work you into the ground. As you gain all of this knowledge, and all these skills, you get no compensation. You are recognized with more responsibility and challenging tasks. Many employees in my department did not last long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is in regards to implementation. Treat your employees well enough so that they become long time employees. Friendly is wonderful, even loving! But professional respect/appreciation is important as well.

Solid, if maybe a little boring, company.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I worked at MICROS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is a stable and growing company, with many opportunities. The people I worked with… Cons: At times the company can be very rigid. In some was it is like working for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible culture, negative management, not a great place for an engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Columbia, MD

I worked at MICROS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: lots of other miserable employees to commiserate with some opportunities for up-to-date technical exposure If all you want is a job where you show… Cons: Worst corporate culture I've ever experienced. Abusive management that loves it that way. "It's not what you know, it's who you sleep with" Long hours, constant… Advice to Senior Management: Probably impossible to simultaneously replace enough management to make this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MICROS Systems.

Worked for MICROS Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MICROS Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MICROS Systems CEO Peter A. Altabef. All reviews posted anonymously by MICROS Systems employees.