There are newer employer reviews for MICROS Systems

You better love to work!

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Columbia, MD
Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Columbia, MD

I worked at MICROS Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and skills. Huge plus. The insurance is doable Most of the employees are friendly and sociable.

Cons

They will work you into the ground. As you gain all of this knowledge, and all these skills, you get no compensation. You are recognized with more responsibility and challenging tasks. Many employees in my department did not last long.

Advice to Management

This is in regards to implementation. Treat your employees well enough so that they become long time employees. Friendly is wonderful, even loving! But professional respect/appreciation is important as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Solid, if maybe a little boring, company.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MICROS Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a stable and growing company, with many opportunities. The people I worked with were great, and their global outlook puts them in a secure position for the future.

Cons

At times the company can be very rigid. In some was it is like working for the old IBM. While I can't directly complain, I felt the atmosphere left something a little lacking.

Horrible culture, negative management, not a great place for an engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at MICROS Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

lots of other miserable employees to commiserate with some opportunities for up-to-date technical exposure If all you want is a job where you show up on time and keep your head down and underperform, this is a good place to hide out and earn a decent salary.

Cons

Worst corporate culture I've ever experienced. Abusive management that loves it that way. "It's not what you know, it's who you sleep with" Long hours, constant code death marches, little respect or trust given, excessively penny-wise. Lots of bonuses and extra compensation to top management, but little shared with "the little people" that make it all possible. Arrogant attitude with many major accounts.

Advice to Management

Probably impossible to simultaneously replace enough management to make this company employee-friendly.