There are newer employer reviews for MICROS Systems

I enjoy to work here. Great opportunity to grow specially for the people originally from hospitality industry.

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at MICROS Systems

Pros

Very serious company, number 1 in hospitality industry in the world.

Cons

Not much downsides, just very busy at work but it's not really downside...

It's really good idea to change outdated computers

reviews filtered by

I have gained good experience, but have not been rewarded for hard work and dedication.

Current Employee - Corporate Systems Engineer in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Systems Engineer in Solon, OH

I have been working at MICROS Systems

Pros

I have gained a lot of good experience. Good work environment. I enjoy the work and the people I work with.

Cons

If you work your way up through the company, you are taken advantage of regarding salary. You are better off getting hired off the street, even though the software that we deal with is mostly proprietary in nature.

Pay your employees fairly, based on experience and hard work. Pay employees what they should be getting paid, based on national averages.

Just Good Enough

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Solon, OH

I have been working at MICROS Systems

Pros

Stable work environment with job security. Scheduling time off is rarely an issue for any reason.

Cons

Knowledge is kept in islands which rarely communicate effectively. Management is always in crisis mode, rather than giving workers the time to do a good job up front. Despite good quarterly earnings, management is slow to hire despite the desperate need. Promotions and career advancement are nonexistent unless you are among the select few chosen ones.

Stop crisis mode: allow us to fix problems before they become problems. Promote deserving workers every once in a while. Otherwise, your immense product knowledge and expertise will be walking out the door once the economy is in full recovery.

There are newer employer reviews for MICROS Systems