MIDCOM

There are newer employer reviews for MIDCOM

It was a BLESSING.

Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Kapolei, HI
Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Kapolei, HI

I worked at MIDCOM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Pay Rate is awesome.

Cons

Midcom and the company that i was working for didn't recognize or celebrate the same holidays so at times there were confusion.

Employees should have the same holidays as the company they are contracted with and not Midcom. A lot of confusion and loss of pay for the employee as well.

9 Other Employee Reviews for MIDCOM (View Most Recent)

Mixed experience from the contractor and the client perspectives

I worked at MIDCOM as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

- Client base consists of large, well-known corporations.

- Contracting/consulting opportunities tend to be long term (12 months or longer).

- Recruiter returns emails and phone calls within 24 hours.

- Pay rates are at or slightly above market.

- Payroll is prompt every time.

- Internal payroll administrators flexible to work with...can call in hours in a pinch if a client's authorized signatories are unavailable.

Cons

- Health care benefit was a real ripoff. I didn't purchase it when offered in mid-2010. If reading this review after September 30, 2013, then go through the California Insurance Exchange instead.

- 401(k) contributions are not matched (but this is typical for plans offered through contracting firms and temp agencies).

- Expense reimbursement is an absolute nightmare. The larger the payment due to the employee, the more likely MIDCOM's finance department will take full advantage of the 60-day "grace period" to cut a check. (Those 60 days are the maximum allowed by California law before an organization is subject to Labor Board penalties.) Until I read on here that MIDCOM had and evidently still has financial problems, I thought the company was merely trying to maximize interest on certain accounts!

This contrasts sharply with payroll. (Today, nontimely paychecks have the threat of jail time hanging over the heads of California employers.)

- The "no news is good news" attitude on the part of MIDCOM management when it comes to their contractors is frustrating at best. These MIDCOM representatives are laid back to the point where they will not counsel/discipline a contractor who falls short of client expectations. I became a team lead upon converting to regular, full-time employee status with MIDCOM's client in 2011, and my manager and I encountered this laissez-faire approach to performance management when we had issues with a MIDCOM contractor (whom we ultimately let go). The closest MIDCOM comes to communicating bad news to a contractor is when his or her gig has ended prematurely—and then MIDCOM phones the contractor.

- Do whatever it takes to reimburse contract employee expenses on a set schedule—even if the client might be slow at paying MIDCOM—and include that schedule in your new contractor packets. These should have urgent priority. No contract employee should be subsidizing the company by dipping into their paychecks to cover expenses that should have been repaid 15+ days earlier!

- Practice actual performance management with underperforming or misbehaving contractors! They are your employees!! Failing to do so exposes your clients to potential co-employment charges in a wrongful termination situation.

Financial Troubles - too many bad decisions

Former Employee - Recruiter in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Anaheim, CA

I worked at MIDCOM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good atmosphere and up beat environment, many resources

Cons

Owner is crazy, manager doesn't do anything and is a walking contradiction

replace management & work on strengthening your employees with training

There are newer employer reviews for MIDCOM