MINDBODY

www.mindbodyonline.com
  www.mindbodyonline.com
There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY

I've searched for a company like this for a long time.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mindbody cares about its employees. Great culture! Love it!

Cons

I wish there were a larger locker room to make it easier to get ready after I ride/walk to work. Construction of the new building is going to take a year!

Can't wait for an employee locker room and more kitchens.

137 Other Employee Reviews for MINDBODY (View Most Recent)

Awful training program; creepy corporate culture

Former Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some good perks such as credit for wellness services (yoga, massage, etc). The tech staff seemed to be treated pretty well. They hire a lot of people and are growing very quickly.

Cons

Training was very fast, very intense, yet very sloppy and contradictory. Lots of very young bosses who are in love with themselves. Generally speaking, the folks who work there are not nearly as smart as they think they are. I was very excited to be hired, especially after acing three interviews. Lots of people love working at MINDBODY, but I guess I just didn't fit in. They try to project an image of open-mindedness, but actually demand complete conformity. I worked my butt off. I came in early, took short lunches, applied myself to learning the job. I found the culture to be particularly creepy. They have this 10 Commandments-type document posted everywhere with all kinds of New Age-y BS such as Be Humble, Helpful and Constantly Evolving. That would all be well and good if it was sincerely meant. Unfortunately, they simply use it to fire people who don't "fit in." I told my supervisor that I needed more time to work with the software, not a lot more time, just slightly more time. I volunteered to practice at home on my own time. That was absolutely forbidden! So they constantly criticized me for not remembering everything the first time it was mentioned, but wouldn't let me do the obvious: spend an extra hour or so a night practicing. I got written up for expressing frustration about this. The accusation...I was not "constantly evolving," a stupid, empty statement if there ever was one. If you work there, remember that you are not allowed to question anything. In fact, they didn't like the fact that I asked questions of ANY kind. Essentially, they have a lot of bratty kids running the place, so if that's your thing, you'll be right at home. I truly gave it my best, but wow...what an unpleasant experience! Tech folks are held in very high regard and seemed to be treated a lot better than the customer service staff, however. Maybe your experience will be better than mine.

Make sure your supervisors know the difference between authority and vindictiveness.

Core-values driven company. Room to grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotion within first year. New product divisions constantly offering professional growth opportunities. Inspirational leadership. Growing at a 40% pace. Company cares about each team member having a strong sense of health and purpose.

Cons

Fairly green workforce. Exponential growth has it's own set of messes. Avg salaries are below mean for same position elsewhere. Culture can be pretty clicky, but still better than a company without any.

There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY