There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY

Fast paced, challenging and fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly, helpful culture, competent managers, competitive pay and good benefits. The more highly paid and salary positions have rigorous interview process ensuring most team members at that level are not only good at what they do, but are a good fit culturally.

Cons

Some departments hire at a pace that does not always allow for the most thorough vetting. Laid back culture is a double-edged sword; not always receptive to process-oriented best practices.

None

130 Other Employee Reviews for MINDBODY (View Most Recent)

Fun culture but lacks professionalism

Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and social culture, happy hours/parties/events, wellness perks, good benefits, pto, company located in a beautiful area, doesn't feel "corporate-y"

Cons

The company lacks in professionalism. They encourage work-life balance and a fun environment, but it leads to a lack of focus and drive from employees. HR felt nonexistent. Feedback to leads and management was unwelcome/not received well. Micromanagement. Hire a lot of inexperienced cal poly grads that aren't serious about their career. In addition, the pay is low and doesn't match the cost of living for the area. Some management (within sales) are very unprofessional and treat employees like they're in a rat race. Recently went on a firing spree, high turnover and employees fear they are about to lose their jobs. Management doesn't know how to motivate toward success, instead they attempt to motivate by using fear. Also, they claim to "promote from within" but they make it challenging to transfer to other roles within the company, and this is not the only core value they don't stick by.

Reviews on management are a necessity. Encourage with incentives, not fear tactics. Actually stick to core values, and increase pay.

MINDBODY Response

Jul 22, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

We definitely hear you. Some of the Cal Poly grads may not be as tenured as other employees, but MINDBODY doesn't want to turn away young talent, especially if they are looking to start a career and ... More

It's not all it's cracked up to be

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. It's a great community of friends and like-minded individuals.

Cons

Pay is well below industry standard. Very culty. Feedback you think is confidential may not always be and can be used against you.

When considering how we can better help our clients, please also keep in mind how changes affect the employee(s). Many changes to better assist clients are often dumped on teams without appropriate accommodations to make the transition work for everyone, eventually leading to a low team morale and high employee attrition. I've watched valuable people drop like flies here. Employees know when a decision is purely business and their well-being was sacrificed.

MINDBODY Response

Aug 5, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for this feedback. This is one of those comments where we hang our heads a little lower, realizing that we may have missed the mark on how a project affects things on the back-end. We all ... More

There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY