There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Southampton, NY
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Southampton, NY

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a very friendly and helpful atmosphere. They offer great benefits including Health Insurance, 401K, and monthly wellness vouchers for gym classes, massages, and other wellness oriented services. The company is currently growing rapidly. They also have a very relaxed and fun culture and promotes work-life balance as well as personal growth.

Cons

Sometimes required to work on major holidays in Customer Service.

Other Employee Reviews for MINDBODY

Fun culture but lacks professionalism

Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and social culture, happy hours/parties/events, wellness perks, good benefits, pto, company located in a beautiful area, doesn't feel "corporate-y"

Cons

The company lacks in professionalism. They encourage work-life balance and a fun environment, but it leads to a lack of focus and drive from employees. HR felt nonexistent. Feedback to leads and management was unwelcome/not received well. Micromanagement. Hire a lot of inexperienced cal poly grads that aren't serious about their career. In addition, the pay is low and doesn't match the cost of living for the area. Some management (within sales) are very unprofessional and treat employees like they're in a rat race. Recently went on a firing spree, high turnover and employees fear they are about to lose their jobs. Management doesn't know how to motivate toward success, instead they attempt to motivate by using fear. Also, they claim to "promote from within" but they make it challenging to transfer to other roles within the company, and this is not the only core value they don't stick by.

Advice to Management

Reviews on management are a necessity. Encourage with incentives, not fear tactics. Actually stick to core values, and increase pay.

MINDBODY Response

Jul 22, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

We definitely hear you. Some of the Cal Poly grads may not be as tenured as other employees, but MINDBODY doesn't want to turn away young talent, especially if they are looking to start a career and ... More

It's not all it's cracked up to be

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. It's a great community of friends and like-minded individuals.

Cons

Pay is well below industry standard. Very culty. Feedback you think is confidential may not always be and can be used against you.

Advice to Management

When considering how we can better help our clients, please also keep in mind how changes affect the employee(s). Many changes to better assist clients are often dumped on teams without appropriate accommodations to make the transition work for everyone, eventually leading to a low team morale and high employee attrition. I've watched valuable people drop like flies here. Employees know when a decision is purely business and their well-being was sacrificed.

MINDBODY Response

Aug 5, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for this feedback. This is one of those comments where we hang our heads a little lower, realizing that we may have missed the mark on how a project affects things on the back-end. We all ... More