MINDBODY

There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY

Best Job in the Best Town on Earth

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working at MINDBODY. The last three years have been a growing experience, not only in job opportunity, but also in my wellness and personal life. I love coming into work, working with the people I work with, and knowing that I'm contributing to the success of our clients. We work hard to stay true to our mission statement, which is "Leveraging Technology to Improve the Health and Wellness of the World."

Cons

None. Work hard to standout, provide as much value as you can, and opportunity will follow.

Keep our culture alive - we've got something special going on here. :) The culture is still as great as it was 3yrs ago, but let's make sure it stays that way. WooHoo! :)

MINDBODY Response

Aug 5, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review! With any growing company the key is maintaining what employees love about the place. We definitely don't want to see our culture change ( unless, of course, it grows in ... More

155 Other Employee Reviews for MINDBODY (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Southampton, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Southampton, NY

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company has a very friendly and helpful atmosphere. They offer great benefits including Health Insurance, 401K, and monthly wellness vouchers for gym classes, massages, and other wellness oriented services. The company is currently growing rapidly. They also have a very relaxed and fun culture and promotes work-life balance as well as personal growth.

Cons

Sometimes required to work on major holidays in Customer Service.

Fun culture but lacks professionalism

Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun and social culture, happy hours/parties/events, wellness perks, good benefits, pto, company located in a beautiful area, doesn't feel "corporate-y"

Cons

The company lacks in professionalism. They encourage work-life balance and a fun environment, but it leads to a lack of focus and drive from employees. HR felt nonexistent. Feedback to leads and management was unwelcome/not received well. Micromanagement. Hire a lot of inexperienced cal poly grads that aren't serious about their career. In addition, the pay is low and doesn't match the cost of living for the area. Some management (within sales) are very unprofessional and treat employees like they're in a rat race. Recently went on a firing spree, high turnover and employees fear they are about to lose their jobs. Management doesn't know how to motivate toward success, instead they attempt to motivate by using fear. Also, they claim to "promote from within" but they make it challenging to transfer to other roles within the company, and this is not the only core value they don't stick by.

Reviews on management are a necessity. Encourage with incentives, not fear tactics. Actually stick to core values, and increase pay.

MINDBODY Response

Jul 22, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

We definitely hear you. Some of the Cal Poly grads may not be as tenured as other employees, but MINDBODY doesn't want to turn away young talent, especially if they are looking to start a career and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for MINDBODY