MIT Lincoln Laboratory

www.ll.mit.edu
  www.ll.mit.edu
There are newer employer reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Great projects and very smart people.

Current Employee - Technical Staff in Lexington, MA
Current Employee - Technical Staff in Lexington, MA

I have been working at MIT Lincoln Laboratory full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can find an expert in nearly every area, and they all are easy to talk to. Good mix of research/academia and industry. Opportunities to publish for those willing to put in the extra effort. Great benefits and vacation policy.

Cons

Flat organizational structure is great in many ways, but it could take a while for employees to get used to the fact that management cannot track all the moving parts all the time.

Many staff members feel that they don't get enough positive and negative feedback. Let people know when you would prefer them have to say they're sorry rather than ask for permission.

May 13, 2014Recruiting Manager

Your comments are nicely though out and capture key points of the Lincoln experience. We are working to continue improvement in employee feedback hope that you will see progress.

96 Other Employee Reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory (View Most Recent)

Great place to be a contractor

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at MIT Lincoln Laboratory as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was at the lab for many years as a contractor. Interesting work. Interesting travel opportunities on occasion. Opportunity to learn. Nice fitness center.

Cons

Contracting can get tiresome. Regular employees get so many holidays it can be hard on contractors to get their 40 hours in. Frustrating not to be able to convert to full time. Full time salaried employees are set for life with great job security and benefits.

Don't let good people get away. :-)

Mar 22, 2014Recruiting Manager

Contractors contribute to our mission in many ways. Conversion to regular employment does happen with some frequency but is dependent on need and other factors. It helpful that you noted that a ... More

Summer Intern

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Lexington, MA

I worked at MIT Lincoln Laboratory as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment with very supportive managers. There are a couple events for interns to get to know each other, and a group of us usually had lunch together. You are surrounded by extremely intelligent and motivated people.

Cons

Project was very boring, a side project that even my supervisors did not want to be on. It was disappointing to see such great work going on around us and be on this project for the whole summer.

Mar 22, 2014Recruiting Manager

We are glad that your overall experience was good. We try to provide assignments that are engaging and as you noted there was a lot of good work going on. Hopefully having been surrounded by ... More

There are newer employer reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory