MITRE
www.mitre.org McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work but slow in recognizing impact of younger staff - very 'old school.'

Principal Information Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at MITRE

ProsMITRE is in most ways a fantastic place to work. The company provides good flexibility and stability, and provides work that makes a difference to the well-being of the United States. The benefits package is very good for the industry.

ConsMITRE tends to exhibit many older company ideals such as secretive promotions and compensation decisions, cliquish upper management tendencies and a "wait your turn" mentality. Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute clear processes for promotion and compensation practices and beware of watering down the brand in a well-intentioned drive to reduce costs.

MITRE provides a learning environment to grow and serve in the public interest

McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: MITRE is a learning environment to follow ones vocation and… Cons: Too much focus on MITRE and not enough on the… Advice to Senior Management: Empower our creative and innovative staff - they will drive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great for my first 15 years poor for my last 10 years.

Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at MITRE

Pros: Ability to apply skills in support of the Government. Ability to make decision… Cons: Requirements to support the Government in their offices as Action Officers and then accused by MITRE Management of going native. Out of sight and out… Advice to Senior Management: Get real and find out what is really happening in the employee trenchs, get rid of the AC-6 dead weight,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MITRE CEO Alfred Grasso. All reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees.