MITRE

www.mitre.org

Great place to work but slow in recognizing impact of younger staff - very 'old school.'

Principal Information Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsMITRE is in most ways a fantastic place to work. The company provides good flexibility and stability, and provides work that makes a difference to the well-being of the United States. The benefits package is very good for the industry.

ConsMITRE tends to exhibit many older company ideals such as secretive promotions and compensation decisions, cliquish upper management tendencies and a "wait your turn" mentality. Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute clear processes for promotion and compensation practices and beware of watering down the brand in a well-intentioned drive to reduce costs.

Great for my first 15 years poor for my last 10 years.

Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) McLean, VA

I worked at MITRE

Pros: Ability to apply skills in support of the Government. Ability to make decision… Cons: Requirements to support the Government in their offices as Action Officers and then accused by MITRE Management of going native. Out of sight and out… Advice to Senior Management: Get real and find out what is really happening in the employee trenchs, get rid of the AC-6 dead weight,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work, but not as great as claimed

Program Manager (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: Best things are the benefits, the work-life balance, the ability to move around… Cons: Downsides include: - A perception that MITRE is the best and no other company knows as much (not reality) - The fact that MITRE organizationally reflects many… Advice to Senior Management: MITRE needs to operate a little more like a private company and little less like a government agency. There should be more focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!