MITRE
www.mitre.org McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Grow your skills, keep a work life balance, and work with highly intelligent and ethical people

Senior Economic/Business Analyst (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of the people you work with are extremely sharp and driven to do what is right for the government agencies they serve and the American taxpayer. Work-life balance is very real and everyone is encouraged to take time off and keep their work hours under control. There is constant opportunity for non-traditional "career advancement": working on tasks outside of your experience/degree, training, and collaboration.

ConsTraditional "Career Advancement" (i.e. promotion) is slow and pay is lower than the for-profit contractor firms. For individuals who need rigorous structure, the highly matrixed environment will be daunting.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing on fresh young talent that we can mentor and train.

Good company, smart people, slow growth

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Smart co-workers Really interesting work usually performed at high levels within sponsor… Cons: Slow, slow growth... both in a monetary and professional development sense Often feels like the government= poor performers are not well managed, slow bureaucratic… Advice to Senior Management: Do not underestimate the value of "soft" engineering and skills: managing the people,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Needs diversity and canning the political atmosphere

Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: * Helping the sponsor is rewarding on a personal level * Good for your career when you leave MITRE - a 3 year MITRE stint on… Cons: * You meet many, many smart people who think they're smarter than everyone else * The strange mix in management - which is, many managers who… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Increase your thought diversity - not women vs. men and age only. Bringing in young talent with the same educational background and the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MITRE CEO Alfred Grasso. All reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees.