MITRE

www.mitre.org

For a Fortune 100 company for years in a row; I was highly disappointed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Prosdecent average pay, nice benefits and perks IF you can even find time or permission to use them. was in VA location. had cafeteria in house which was pretty good food. had a shared office, not a cubicle which was nice. free parking garage to park in and had own Mitre staffed security for premises. business casual dress, Friday jeans.

Conshad almost no training program besides "ask this person to explain it to you" from people who are busy doing their own jobs to want to worry about yours, along with a "why are you bothering me again, isn't there someone else you can ask?" type of attitude. A supervisor who could not do my job besides explain the gist of what is needed. also no cross training between co-workers in same department meaning my deliverables due each month could not be completed by anyone besides myself (where and when can I take time off properly? what happens if I get sick? ) especially to know I would come back to a stack of work.

Advice to Senior Managementget used to change and embrace it. your competitors even around you are going to jump past you and leave you in their dust. one down side to tiered architecture of business is that it is very resistant and slow to change. Get on that. Stop resting on your laurels and past accomplishments of what you have done and reach out to the realm of what you haven't done and ask yourselves why you cannot attain that level of greatness right now. why are you not at the top? why are you happy with 50 to 100th best and not moving up the ranks instead. Take a look at your employees underneath you and see if they are truly offered help to get adjusted quickly but also easily to the Mitre way of life. I don't know what your HR is doing along with upper management. People at Mitre are too comfortable in what they're doing and do nothing outside of their own realm. Even people who have lived here their entire lives are told I work at Mitre. They instantly ask 'who/whats that"? yet Northrop, Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst and Young, Lockheed, Boeing, and the list goes on of other local companies these same people know right off the bat. Management, wake up call. you might be big and known in government but when your pool of applicants comes from the public and you are looking to nab the best of the best employees away from your competitors, it would help if they even know who you are. there's no recall so in marketing terms, your "brand" is trash even within your local community. that enough to light a fire under you?

Great company, dedicated to the Nation's security

Principal Multidisciplinary Engineer (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Smart people, focused on the mission of our sponsors. Very technically focused… Cons: Officers making decisions that do not support keeping staff engaged (e.g., reduction of… Advice to Senior Management: Think through the impact of the decisions you make Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fine place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Flexible hours, can leave for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day and make it up later that evening, or just use 2… Cons: - Getting your first promotion is mostly based on time spent at the company, typically 3-5 years depending on your manager. Getting a second promotion… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!