MITRE
www.mitre.org McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Where work/life balance is more than just lip service

Lead Information Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than a year

ProsIncredible environment of professionalism. Freedom to embrace the various aspects of working for an FFRDC, whether it's supporting our Government sponsors with their most strategic challenges or researching and developing new solutions for use across multiple agencies.

ConsSlow growth potential. Working for Government sponsors can sometimes breed an attitude of "it's been tried 100 times before" and not embracing new, innovative approaches.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower staff to make clear, committed career decisions based on transparency between what is organizationally in demand and what our Government sponsors need most to improve their agencies.

Great Place to Work

Signal Processing Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very friendly atmosphere. Challenging projects that keep you engaged in the… Cons: No cons that I can think of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great work and work environment

Lead Communications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very smart people, employees work together as opposed to competing… Cons: Low churn rate makes the organization top heavy Advice to Senior Management: keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MITRE CEO Alfred Grasso. All reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees.