There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

A great place to work with freedom to develop your skills.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Bedford, MA
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Bedford, MA

I worked at MITRE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, work-life balance, and many onsite conveniences. They have the gold standard when it comes to retirement plans and company matching. Employees are empowered to develop skills and there are many on campus options to learn new subjects. I do give credit for MITRE hiring more recent graduates. They have more work to do in this area though.

Cons

Old culture, some assignments may not be sufficiently challenging after awhile. It is difficult to get promoted due to a top heavy management structure.

Re-access the management hierarchy to allow for more rising stars to get managerial experience. While turnover is exceptionally low at MITRE, it inhibits sufficient latitudinal career progression.

441 Other Employee Reviews for MITRE (View Most Recent)

Extremely professional, dynamic, stimulating, rewarding organization.

Former Employee - Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer in Honolulu, HI

I worked at MITRE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

MITRE offers a wide array of technical opportunities for motivated professionals. During my 23 years with the company I had the privilege to work on some fascinating projects in wonderful locations that included Virginia, California, Hawaii, and Australia.

Cons

I don't have any significant issues with MITRE.

Keep motivating new employees by offering different tasks from the ones they were hired to perform.

Amazing work and benefits, below average pay

Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work that you can do at MITRE is always interesting and they expect it to be. You can easily shift to a different project if you don't like the one you are on. Also there are very flexible schedules and it is not a problem to work from home.

Cons

The only downside is that you will not make as much as other places. This is balanced by the flexibility.

Making the pay better would do incredible things to keep people.

There are newer employer reviews for MITRE