MITRE

www.mitre.org

A very easy place to work, as hard or as little, as you want.

Lead Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsOutstanding quality of work/life balance. Supportive and easy going management. Career growth opportunities, and many different work programs. Good benefits.

ConsSalaries a bit below average. Limited bonus structure. Management structure allows some employees to remain in positions long after they should be moved to other areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a company that works like a consulting organization, the lack of non-billable management and lack of dedicated business development personnel, could be improved by hiring dedicated staff for those roles.

Sadly, not the company it once was.

(Current Employee)

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: You get the use the latest technology, Flexible spending plan,… Cons: For a company that guides their sponsors, they don't implement their own recommendations. Department managers don't communicate with each other - instead they compete against each… Advice to Senior Management: Our CEO needs to start being honest with employees. After two fireside chat videos where you could submit questions to the CEO, the chats suddenly stopped… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

MITRE 2012

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Nice campus. Great cafeteria. Nice health club. Cons: MITRE once prided itself to be on Forbes 100 best places to work. Work-Life balance has deteriorated as well as benefits. No difference than other… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people who inspire, promote and appreciate people working hard as if MITRE is a for-profit company. Stop telling the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!