MITRE
www.mitre.org McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

An ok place to work

Senior Software Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou can manage to have a good work-life balance and the benefits pretty good. A quote a read a while back sums it up "great place to start and end your career."

ConsNo technical path for good engineers to grow. You must take on management to advance your career. There is no defined process of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a more defined system for advancement and create a career path for engineers that does not require making them managers.

The most rewarding work of my career. Boundless opportunities to work on critical problems.

Principal Information Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The CEO is the best CEO of them all, period.… Cons: Internal job assignment determination is the worst I have ever seen. Employees are virtual in house contractors, searching for work, while HR continues to parade… Advice to Senior Management: Considering the huge number of employees that have been hired over the last 5-10 years, there is a considerable risk that the culture that these… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good place to work anymore, skating along on old reputation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MITRE full-time

Pros: Most on project teams were smart, engaged and were committed… Cons: What has happened to MITRE in the last 18 months is very troubling. Horrible department and division management across the board. … Advice to Senior Management: Consider biting the bullet and either training department management or division management on personnel management and the law or have most currently in that role… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MITRE CEO Alfred Grasso. All reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees.