MITRE

There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

Great company!

Former Employee - Senior Simulation Modeling Engineer in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Simulation Modeling Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at MITRE full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Great Environment. Great Work.

Cons

I do not have many CONS that weren't just isolated incidents in my 10years with the company.

451 Other Employee Reviews for MITRE (View Most Recent)

Its good but could be better

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at MITRE full-time

Pros

Great place for work/home balance for the most part. Paid time off abundant, benefits great. I work have and still work for a great team and have good bosses.

Cons

Little or no growth potential for Admin assts. Unless you have a very manager that is career driven and focuses on your training and getting you to the next level you are pretty much stuck. We are the backbone of the company but dont get the recognition or oppurtunity to grow outside the realm of adminstrative services unless we go work for the big boys and executive assistant positions are very few and far between (have to wait for retirements). Also we dont get the perks of working from home like others do. Our PTOB is used up when there is inclement weather while others can work from home. That is not fair.

Take care of your admistrative staff. Help them suceed and achieve more. Most want to move up and be a more productive member of MITRE Way.

An ok place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Systems Engineer in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Systems Engineer in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at MITRE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can manage to have a good work-life balance and the benefits pretty good. A quote a read a while back sums it up "great place to start and end your career."

Cons

No technical path for good engineers to grow. You must take on management to advance your career. There is no defined process of advancement.

Develop a more defined system for advancement and create a career path for engineers that does not require making them managers.

There are newer employer reviews for MITRE