MITRE
www.mitre.org McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Unparalleled experience working across the US federal government

Senior Principal Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOpportunities to contribute to national security using decades of technical experience. If you can escape the inertia that your managers impose on you and focus on delivering what your sponsors need, you can thrive. The company IS trying to adapt to the ever-changing fractious government funding environment but much of this is beyond the corporation's control. The CEO, Al Grasso, is a technically-competent executive who is doing his best in a difficult environment.

ConsClubby management that believes being selected for management automatically invests you with wisdom and technical genius beyond that of non-managers. Fairly poor follow-through on corporate promotion standards. Many managers hold staff to performance standards beyond what they themselves are incapable of meeting. The annual performance appraisal process is terribly flawed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your offices and away from your endless management meetings, talk to your staff and learn what they are doing.

Cliquish, Clubbish, Clannish

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee)

I worked at MITRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The health benefits & 401k (10% match). Cons: Like the title says: Cliquish, Clubbish, Clannish. No work is ever done, boring & politically exhausting.… Advice to Senior Management: Fire all management & start over. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the best places to work

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great work environment and coworkers. Actually respects employees as human beings. Cons: Promotion is glacial and raises grow smaller every year. Current reorganization… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MITRE CEO Alfred Grasso. All reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees.