There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

Still navigating the ropes, trying to formulate my opinion and decide about my future plans.

Current Employee - Technical in Bedford, MA
Current Employee - Technical in Bedford, MA

I have been working at MITRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong use of technology for work tasks, many personnel and other resources to tap. Gaining decent experience in my field of interest. But, while some things are promising, I've never loved the place...and why?

Cons

Personnel management is minimal or lacking. Workload balance between team members is extremely disparate, in my group. Some people do significantly less than others -- and yet I suspect paychecks don't correlate. Don't always practice what they preach. Some upper management seems to talk out both sides of their mouth -- dishonest and hypocritical. One particular VP loses more of my respect every time they open their mouth and babble nonsense that is insensitive to others, unfounded, and disrespectful to those they represent. Time for the President to wake up and take notice!!!!! ( Such as, the mass exodus that has begun out of this one department. Might want to consider getting some input on your next hire - since others have to work with these people too. !!! )

Advice to Management

Follow your own guidelines. Don't overload your line management so that they don't have any time left over to manager their own staff. Leads to many issues, job dissatisfaction, resentment, and then ultimately turn-over. You should be smarter than this...not like it's not due to lack of intelligence and resources.

Other Employee Reviews for MITRE

Really good at first, but going down hill fast

I have been working at MITRE (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good coworkers. Ok work/life balance. Nice cafeteria. Audio visual support is good. Mobile worker program is good. Good research library.

Cons

Self centered lazy managers. Unstable benefits. They just changed the education assistance policy and back dated it two years. There was no advanced warning. What kind of management thinks they can change the rules retroactively. Al Grasso claimed that he didn't know anything about it when asked during an all hands meeting.

Advice to Management

Employees don't trust you.

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Program Management
    Current Employee - Program Management

I have been working at MITRE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great work/life balance - Wealth of knowledge that's shared among peers

Cons

- Lack of opportunities for advancement