MITRE

www.mitre.org

Still navigating the ropes, trying to formulate my opinion and decide about my future plans.

Technical (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsStrong use of technology for work tasks, many personnel and other resources to tap. Gaining decent experience in my field of interest. But, while some things are promising, I've never loved the place...and why?

ConsPersonnel management is minimal or lacking. Workload balance between team members is extremely disparate, in my group. Some people do significantly less than others -- and yet I suspect paychecks don't correlate. Don't always practice what they preach. Some upper management seems to talk out both sides of their mouth -- dishonest and hypocritical. One particular VP loses more of my respect every time they open their mouth and babble nonsense that is insensitive to others, unfounded, and disrespectful to those they represent. Time for the President to wake up and take notice!!!!! ( Such as, the mass exodus that has begun out of this one department. Might want to consider getting some input on your next hire - since others have to work with these people too. !!! )

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own guidelines. Don't overload your line management so that they don't have any time left over to manager their own staff. Leads to many issues, job dissatisfaction, resentment, and then ultimately turn-over. You should be smarter than this...not like it's not due to lack of intelligence and resources.

MITRE Systems Engineer Experience

Information Systems Engineer, Lead (Former Employee) McLean, VA

I worked at MITRE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Retirement and 401K are competitive, but benefits declined over the 5.5 years that I was employed there. Employee tools and services… Cons: Politically cliquish environment where employee success is dependent on participation in the clique more than employee performance. Poor leadership from management demoralized employees and perpetuated… Advice to Senior Management: Improve leadership skills of management (effectiveness and efficiency). Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Average defense contractor, non-objective analysis often biased to benefit customer's desired position, poor management

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Bedford, MA

I worked at MITRE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great history of public service, free parking, decent medical benefits, key element to success is generating many billable customer hours, keeping the customer happy, and… Cons: Inability to do independent unbiased research here due to heavy pressure from management to align research findings with customer preferred outcomes (sells itself as a… Advice to Senior Management: Get in touch with employees at lower levels to find out what is really going on at this company. Get back to "public… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!