MITRE

www.mitre.org

Excellent career opportunities using state-of-the-art technologies to help our nation.

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsExcellent benefits (up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, top-notch retirement program), great work/life balance, access to state-of-the-art technologies. Very low attrition and layoffs are a very rare occurrence.

ConsAlthough most of the company has an excellent technical environment, it's not the same everywhere. Your experience within the company can vary significantly depending on the division you join.

Work at this not-for-profit company is funded exclusively by the US Government. As a result, there are restrictions on how the funds are spent. If you are looking for free lunch every day and beer on Fridays, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer good benefits and technical work: it's what keeps most of us here. Continue to engage with employees and seek feedback according to their experience.

Good place to start or end a technical career

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) McLean, VA

I worked at MITRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Wide range of highly diverse and open-ended technical work. You can learn a lot in a short time and get a lot of control over… Cons: Technical people have zero career path and disproportionately low salaries. Promotions go to consultants and bureaucrats with government connections, with even high impact technical or… Advice to Senior Management: Get back into the science and move away from consulting. If MITRE wants to become just another government consultancy,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great place to work if you don't expect too much

Information Systems Engineer, Lead (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexibility in work schedule and location. people pretty much… Cons: there are quite a few people who abuse the flexibility. there is no… Advice to Senior Management: reward faster for people who push. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!