There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

MITRE is truly a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros

Ability to work in the public interest on critical national security issues with full support of management to "do the right thing." At MITRE the only interest is the public interest.

Cons

As a not for profit organization, while your are paid a competitive salary, there are no stock options or bonuses as can be seen in some other high tech companies (eg. Google...)

More town hall style interactions with employees, enabling management to discuss it vision and direction, coupled with Q&A with the staff.

441 Other Employee Reviews for MITRE (View Most Recent)

MITRE - A great place to do interesting work.

Current Employee - Info Systems Engineer, Lead in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Info Systems Engineer, Lead in McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros

Diverse opportunities for interesting project work.

Cons

slow progression. FFRDC restrictions on type of work that you can perform. Very conservative in approach and work force demographic.

Overall, I think MITRE is a great place to work. I think its critical to maintain a corporate focus on sharing information across the sponsor base as a great asset of the company.

Mr. Grasso is a firm believer in MITRE and it's mission but never loses site that MITRE's core value is its employees.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros

I beleive that MITRE values my input and cares about my contributions.

Cons

There is not a lot of growth opportunities for minorities and women. But the company has taken a hard look at these practices and is improving significantly.

Spend more time talking with our customers at the highest level possible. Our technical managers have great relationships with our customers and upper managemnt should build upon that relationship.

There are newer employer reviews for MITRE