MITRE

www.mitre.org

Optimal Work Environment for Most People

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsMITRE provides an optimal work environment if you're looking for generous benefits and a great work-life balance. The people are very respectful and highly intelligent. Due to its large programs of work and various customers, one could carve out their own path and pursue professional goals fairly easily.

ConsDue to the great work environment it provides, there is very little turnover. This is wonderful for some, but it also results in a pace could be a bit too calm and stagnant for others.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a common message communicated that MITRE that networking will get you further than superior work. I wouldn't think that this commonly held belief is in the best interest of MITRE on the whole.

Work-Life Balance is taken seriously and supported across the organizations

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: Work-Life Balance is taken seriously and supported across the organization. People are encouraged to pursue their personal and professional goals almost equally. Paid… Cons: Low staff and management turnover limits promotion and growth opportunities. The company is growing strongly but in many diverse areas. If you're employed… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage managers to give more frequent financial rewards for performance throughout the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

MITRE is truly a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: Ability to work in the public interest on critical national security issues with full support… Cons: As a not for profit organization, while your are paid a competitive salary, there are no… Advice to Senior Management: More town hall style interactions with employees, enabling management to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!