MITRE

www.mitre.org

A great legacy, heading into uncertain times

ProsVery bright colleagues, dedication to mission rather than personal or corporate profit, work life balance, important problems with opportunity to help solve them.

ConsToo self-satisfied, too many people have inflated view of our stature and reputation in 2011 vs. 1985, resistance to real change at middle level of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssume nothing from first 50 years holds automatically for next 10 (or in many case, more accurately, persuade your direct reports of the opportunities and challenges facing MITRE and our sponsors that are significantly different).

Really Good

Infosec Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: Benefits, salary are more than competitive. Work life balance is… Cons: Current team management has bad business model. Knows it, but can't… Advice to Senior Management: Make teams get expertise internally before new hires. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting professional educational opportunities mixed with bland management and glass ceiling

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: benefits stability diverse highly educated staff safety in numbers Cons: regimented employee reviews lack real information about capabilities and accomplishment dead… Advice to Senior Management: Use "for profit" techniques in a "not for profit" environment Clean up the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!