There are newer employer reviews for MITRE

MITRE is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Software Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros

Commitment to training and education Many different opportunities Work life balance is the best Comprehensive benefits

Cons

Promotion is very difficult even if you have done a great job and there is little feedback as to why someone got promoted over someone else, and the fact you have to wait a year in between promotion cycles is very long.

Advice to Management

Proactively find your best employees and mentor then so that they do not find incentives to leave.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at MITRE

Pros

Employee valued by managers Great work life balance Diverse technical work program

Cons

Salaries are not aligned with industry Promotions are far and few between Top heavy

Advice to Management

Attrition of the 5 to 10 year technical staffer is too high, look to retain this demographic

Working at MITRE has been overwhelmingly positive and personally refreshing

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at MITRE

Pros

Extremely rewarding work, a chance to use your talents to best effect. Very supportive leadership and ability to stay objective -- am constantly told to do or say the right thing regardless of any of our customers' agendas. MITRE makes is EASY to work -- support side of company is constantly working to make it easier for the front-line people to work remotely as well as securely. I have nothing to sell except my knowledge, skills and services -- and those sell themselves.

Cons

I have to think really really hard to come up with a downside to working at MITRE -- visualize Winnie the Pooh trying to think!

Advice to Management

Ignore the whiners, trim extraneous costs like superfluous paper pamphlets, keep doing what you have been to make MITRE a go-to place our customers can come for answers to their tough challenges