MKS Instruments

www.mksinst.com
There are newer employer reviews for MKS Instruments

mks instruments

I worked at MKS Instruments

Pros

Company in general is alright. Group leaders are fairly decent. No time clocks, employees keep
their own time, then verified by supervisor.

g

Cons

Group leaders that I had ,did not have any knowledge of machinery that I had to operate. Company hires non experience people to do a skilled trade, without any knowledge of math,blueprint reading. Also not understanding the English language or speaking it. finally not having any knowledge of any measuring instruments that is required to perform the job.

Your management needs to look at the people you have that have group leader positions. You will find many of them are not qualified to do what is required. Hire people that are qualified to do skill work.

31 Other Employee Reviews for MKS Instruments (View Most Recent)

Great people, good assignments

Former Employee - Engineer Intern
    Former Employee - Engineer Intern

I worked at MKS Instruments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was an intern, so I can only describe so much. I worked in one of their smaller branches, but the team was great. As far as work-life balance goes, it seems a lot of times, the employees got out at a reasonable time, but a handful felt pressed to stay much longer than they really would have liked. It seems they are not super strict about time-off, and the company makes pretty decent strides at maintaining a good value system and employee care.

Cons

Not too much, since I really enjoyed working here. It was probably the smaller office, but they were pretty stingy about basic office and technological equipment. It also seems they are pretty understaffed and fairly overworked because of lack of proper materials at times.

Do not know too much about it because they seem to stay pretty distant from the people they manage. Though it seems the people in upper management are very good at their job and exemplify management to the truest extent of the word.

>15 years experience - company has consistantly went down hill for the employees.

Current Employee - Eng Tech in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Eng Tech in Rochester, NY

I have been working at MKS Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the job performed. Benefits are comparable to most companies in the area/field. Work versus life schedule is good.

Cons

Does - DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEE - cant emphasis this enough. Cheap, inablility to create and maintain the simpleest of processes, year after year. MKS idea of a "Bonus" is a ice cream cup. ( actual a true statement ) Employee moral is VERY VERY low and most are dissatisfied by the top reaping gains year after year and not recognizing the individuals. Everyday is a complaint fest. Consistant shut downs (no pay), example last shut down company gave a bonus of three vacation days and in the same email gave a shut down of 5 bussiness days.

Upper management - Overall they just don't understand the employee. All for profit, all corporate. do not expect to be rewarded for consistant excellence.

There are newer employer reviews for MKS Instruments