MKS
www.mks.com Waterloo, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Relaxed, developer friendly environment

IT Administrator (Current Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsMKS has a really friendly environment for developers and has a laid back feel to it. They are very pro family and will offer flexible hours and will try to accommodate work to events in your life if necessary.
There is a very pro techie feeling here that is not found in non software companies.
Good environment for people just coming out of Comp Sci.

ConsThe product we produce is so limited in usability that its difficult to discover what it can actually do.
Marketing is very poor.
Management decisions can border on bizarre if not simply unjust.
While management are very personable, it can be difficult to understand their rational.
Tendency to fire employees without warning.
Depending what department you are in, career development can be limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think there needs to be more focus on building a product that people will want to use to the level where they actually recommend it to other people.

Good company overall

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at MKS

Pros: Entrepreneurial spirit and lots of freedom to do what is right. Management is eager… Cons: Small company, little market awareness Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course, the message and product is right on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I have a good experience working at MKS,because of learning new others jobs

Test Technician (Former Employee)
    Nashua, NH

I worked at MKS full-time for more than a year

Pros: MKS is a nice place to work,have good employes Cons: there is nothing wrong at MKS Advice to Senior Management: management,good and time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MKS.

Worked for MKS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MKS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MKS CEO Michael W. Harris. All reviews posted anonymously by MKS employees.