MLC
www.mlc.com.au 500 to 999 Employees

Overall good, though I was there during the GFC

Project Manager (Former Employee)
North Sydney (Australia)

ProsGood work life balance
Interesting work and ability to work on a variety of projects
Good professional people
Management was competent for the most part

ConsSalary review process was poor in that MLC people were reviewed with nab people and you were bell curved in a large group by managers who did not know your work.
Full time PMs did not have much over contractors. Permanent PMs were given 2-3 months to find a new project (there was no bench) and then they were retrenched. If you can, become a contractor, then you will earn more money.
Slow moving but they are a large company.
They are outsourcing more of the back office to India.
If you are in IT be a little wary because ultimately the senior management wants to outsource all of IT. They could if they would.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much to say, I think they are reasonably well run for a large bank. I would focus on the strategy, correctly answering what should the bank look like in 10-15 years to be successful is critical.

Good financial packages, great super, good bonus, information hoarders, limited career progression

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
    Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at MLC

Pros: Good philosophy Excellent foresight in the financial advice industry Always developing new… Cons: Information hoarders. Difficult to progress People leaders are a mixed bag. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

BPR (six sigma)

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
    North Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at MLC

Pros: Reduced mortgage rates, no fees on loans Cons: Information sharing and sustainability of great initiatives are the biggest… Advice to Senior Management: Look at Member best interest first. More
There are newer reviews on MLC.

Worked for MLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MLC reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by MLC employees.