MLive Media Group

There are newer employer reviews for MLive Media Group

Evolve at MLive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a young professional, this is my first "real" job, and I feel absolutely lucky that I am here. I can see myself working at MLive for a very long time in many different ways. I am a person that loves a challenge, and loves innovation. MLive provides a workplace that is unpredictable and exciting, yet still consistent enough to stay comfortable. My managers help me set and reach my goals, and encourage me to improve myself, even if it means moving locations, departments, etc. I work in the call center, and I am confident in saying it is the most positive and FUN department in our building! What other company can say that about their call center?

Cons

I wish we were more well-versed on how to address customer concerns about the company. Although I support the changes that MLive has made over the years, our customers are sometimes frustrated with it. I just wish we were more aware of the message MLive would like us to convey with customers that are late-bloomers with technological advances. What is MLive's Why Statement?

We have been doing more community involvement things in our department, but I wish I saw more of the company as a whole giving back to Michigan. Let's get some good karma out there!

51 Other Employee Reviews for MLive Media Group (View Most Recent)

Just be yourself

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MLive Media Group is a great place to work. The leadership from top down really knows what they are doing. They empower people to be their best, encourage you to search within yourself and find out why you do what you do (Why Statements). The work-life balance in my position is spot on and I see myself working here for years to come.

Cons

It really comes down to personal preference and motivation.

Some people think the open office spaces are distracting and noisy.

Your personal growth comes down to what you want to do at the company. Those that embrace the culture will be happy and succeed.

Keep doing what you are doing. This is the best company I have ever worked for.

Passion and innovation are an everyday occurrence

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated colleagues, opportunity to create your own position, continual learning and you get to see your community from all the different stories and perspectives that news reporting offers.

Cons

At times it can feel like the only things that matter is the sales department, to create a true all-for-one goal oriented team environment all contributions should be recognized.

More transparency - holding knowledge doesn't give you more power it just feeds the rumor mill

There are newer employer reviews for MLive Media Group