There are newer employer reviews for MLive Media Group

Working at MLive Media Group is a refreshing experience after my past jobs.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is very energetic and contagious, the employees are all passionate for why they come to work and you given unlimited resources to be successful.

Cons

It was a bit tricky getting the HR information when I started and there was also a lot to balance between training and my job responsibilities in the time given at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Continuing Education Programs

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

"You feel like you're part of a team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

I have been working at MLive Media Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because you're all concentrated in one building, everyone gets a chance to interact, whether you are working a day shift, a night shift, or something in between. You get the feeling you're part of a collaborative effort, a true company. You feel like you're part of a team. Top management is very much upfront and out in the open about how things are going. You also get regular performance reviews so you can gauge how you're doing on the job and find out areas to improve and areas where you excel. This is definitely not a behind-closed-doors company where secretive meetings occur that lead to bad things taking place.

Cons

I love working here. That said, there are a few negatives that should be addressed for all to see. There are WAY too many part-time jobs. I'd love to work additional hours for the company, but there are limitations. Also, unless you are in sales, there seems to be a huge roadblock set up so deserving employees don't get a chance to show off their stuff at a higher level. Content positions are limited. I feel like the recruiting service often misses the chance to show off valuable employees. I applied once for a position and despite years of experience never even got contacted. Recruiting should be taken in-house or handled by people inside the building who know employees' strengths and weaknesses. I don't want to scare people off, because I truly love this company and love my job, but these are things that should be out in the open.

Advice to Management

More content positions. It seems like the hubs themselves are under-staffed. Often stories that could be reported and bring more traffic to the website get missed because no one can get to them. Otherwise, as far as the office culture and personal growth via reviews and quarterly meetings, you're on the right track. Keep up the good work.

More good than bad

Current Employee - Reporter in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Reporter in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at MLive Media Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent supervisors and co-workers; high expectations in a good way; lots of opportunity to shine.

Cons

Too much work and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Clarify priorities.