There are newer employer reviews for MOBILE NOW

Very good job that went downhill quickly.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Media, PA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Media, PA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a previous manager, when you hit your goal, you were paid well.

Cons

Inventory counts, 2x per day. Costly chargebacks for things beyond your control, such as a customer cancelling service and keeping the phone. Upper management is poor. They believe the marrow mack sales system works beyond a marginal measure. It forces a militant style of sales. Sales reps are forced to sell "advanced products" such as sprint phone connect and tablets, or they dock your commission, even resulting you forfeiting hard earned money.They force customers into paying the first months bill, and the activation fee in store. Just like sprint itself this company is going down the toilet.

Advice to Management

If you feel as though reps will steal from underneath you two things need to happen. 1) pay people a decent wage and commission. 2) stop hiring from craigslist and other shady people whom you do not trust.
Allow managers to have a decent work life balance, if a manager cannot trust the staff to perform whether they are present or not says you need to replace the reps. Dont force mandatory weekends.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Disorganized company, poor new hire training

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time

Pros

The hours are flexible and you can put in the hours you need....because you are going to need to compensate for lack of commission due to chargebacks!!

Cons

Chargebacks will kill your commission and the way the system is set up...you are always getting a chargeback for something!!
    The worse new hire training I have experienced...what they need to teach you (systems)...you learn while on the floor. And the time to learn a transaction is not when a customer is standing in front of you!!

Advice to Management

Get better systems to prevent chargebacks from occurring and get more district mgrs to cover your territories so the store mgrs won't feel like they have no back up.

Worst Company I've Ever Experienced

Former Employee - Wireless Expert
    Former Employee - Wireless Expert

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very little pros. You CAN make DECENT money here, but it's not worth it.

Cons

This will not be one of those reviews where I just bash the company because I got fired. I put in a two weeks notice after working there for 17 months. I was the longest tenured employee in the District (that included my three District Managers I had while working there). I had SIX -six- *SIX*, different managers in my year and a half of being employed. I'm owed over $1,300 in overtime that they claimed "Did not fall into their pay period".

Initially, though, I loved this job. I made great money and there wasn't a ton of micro-management. Of course, I'm one to work as much as I'm needed without complaining, and they liked that at first. After seeing all my co-workers get fired for various reasons, I became uneasy. I worked with, and I'm not exaggerating, 25 different employees my duration of employment. Also, the DM FORCED, yes forced, me to work in a store OVER THREE HOURS AWAY without any compensation for gas or driving.

There's a million other things I could say (DAILY, unpaid, required, conference calls, unrealistic sales expectations, etc etc etc), but I'll leave it at this.

Advice to Management

I have none. This company can't be helped at this point.