MPI Research
www.mpiresearch.com Mattawan, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you're in the right department, a great place to work.

Research Associate I (Former Employee)
Mattawan, MI

ProsTraining is available to those who seek it. While with MPI I expanded not only my skills in the lab, but attended courses on leadership, problem solving, Lean Six Sigma, etc. HR is amazing to deal with, the facility is enormous and mostly well maintained. Pay was good- but you do have to push for that raise.

ConsScheduling is an issue. Some weeks we worked from 5 am to midnight, 80 hours a week, and some weeks we were so slow we had to take on extra projects just to make 40.
Layoffs are scary. In my time with MPI, there have been 4 series of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with the study directors on scheduling. I understand that sponsors push to have it done NOW, but the quality decreases when your in life staff are exhausted and burned out. Bring back the cookouts! Having recreational activities promoted a sense of community that's missing these days.

Number One Company to NOT Work for in 2011

I have been working at MPI Research

Pros: A paycheck. Vacation days, if you're here long enough to even apply for them. Healthcare,… Cons: MPI Research is simply a company with a toxic work environment, poor upper management, and absolutely no idea which direction it wants to take. … Advice to Senior Management: Polish up those resumes, and find new jobs, before you have to explain… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Toxic work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MPI Research

Pros: Health care benefits, tuition reimbursement Cons: Not appreciated for work done. Not having the materials and… Advice to Senior Management: Time to clean house, start from the top. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MPI Research.

Worked for MPI Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MPI Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MPI Research CEO William Parfet. All reviews posted anonymously by MPI Research employees.