MRA - The Management Association

www.mranet.org
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for MRA - The Management Association

Great company to work for....

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

I have enjoyed working with MRA for some time now. Everyone is very helpful and support each other as we strive to assist our member companies. The company encourage continuous education of staff and that is something I truly appreciate.

Cons

Not much wiggle room to negotiate vacation coming into the organization. Most of the incoming staff are seasoned professionals and are used to having more than two weeks vacation, so that was a step back.

Advice to Management

Think out of the box as much as possible. Continue to encourage community involvement with the staff, which in turn, promotes the organization and its worth to the community.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working with a lot of diverse and talented HR professionals with varying areas and levels of expertise is invaluable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association full-time

Pros

The people/employees. There are many good hard working people. Very talented.
    It's not a cut throught environment.
    I personally work with an excellent team.
    There are over 60 lines of business allowing for opportunities in more than one area.
    MRA has been in business for over 100 years. It's been a stable regional organization. Not many organizations have that longevity.
    MRA is looking to expand expertise and is bringing in new talent.
    There's an opportunity to work full time, part time in a number of capacities.

Cons

While there are flexible schedules, benefits such as vacation could be improved upon. Not necessarily a con, but culture is somewhat "old school;" dress policy - men wear ties. That is starting to relax a bit.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek innovative and progressive ways to tap market place and service members.

At the end of the day, a challenging & fulfilling place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at MRA - The Management Association

Pros

As a mission-driven not-for-profit, one of the most important things MRA employees enjoy is the meaningful contribution we get to make to the common good of the almost 2,000 members we serve. That attracts a lot of really good people, so another perk here is simply working with some extraordinary colleagues. The work/life balance afforded by MRA is exceptional. And it's a very "intrapreneurial" type of culture -- if you have a good idea and it makes sense for MRA and its members, you will most likely find great support.

Cons

As an NFP, MRA watches every penny, so frugality is one hallmark of everything MRA does. That applies to compensation, benefits and everything else. It's also a tough environment in which to innovate. Not impossible, just challenging.

Advice to Management

As management already knows, Employers Associations like MRA face a challenge to remain relevant and successful in today's fast-paced, changing business environment. MRA needs to pick up the pace on innovation.